Test under Title

Welcome to Sport Mazda's Mazda Owner Resources Blog. As Florida's Top Rated Mazda Dealership and your source for Mazda Expert advice, we strive to continually provide valuable Mazda Product and Service information to enhance your Mazda Ownership Experience. Zoom Zoom Forever.....

Thursday, June 20, 2013

CX-5 push to start button and dealing with a dead key battery

One of the neat features found on the 2013 and 2014 Mazda CX-5 is the push-to-start keyless ignition. The Mazda Experts at Don Mealey's Sport Mazda, a new Mazda dealership in Orlando, Florida, often are asked "how can I start my car when the keyless FOB battery dies?" We have provided this convenient tutorial video that shows CX-5 owners as an overview of the push-to-start button and how to start your engine with a dead key battery. If you have a Mazda technical question, contact the Mazda Experts by visiting SportMazdaOrlando.com and we'll help answer your questions and we may turn it into a future video tutorial. Stay tuned for more video tutorials on Living With My Mazda.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful workaround. Thank you. I would do business with you if I lived nearer.

    Any reason why it isn't in the manual? Since I had a fine car battery, I was able to turn on the internal lights (after opening the door with the key) and look up various things in the index: key, ignition, battery (dead). Nothing mentioned.

    Another suggestion - since I had a fine 12 volt battery at my disposal, why isn't there something inside the fob which lets me plug into a usb? I can't charge my phone in the mazda - doesn't work - but surely I could charge such a small item as a fob - at least enough to get the engine to start. Or maybe a keyhole? no need for a complete ignition system - just something that recognized the key like the door does?

    Just thinking. But despite the fact that I loved my 1980 Mazda, I don't love my husband's 2013 Mazda. the car I buy next spring is certainly not going to be a Volkwagen or Toyota but mazda just fell down the list as well. If my cell phone had not been charged, I could have spent the night in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I finally figured out the problem was a dead key fob battery, I changed it out and the car performed as designed. I did notice that the OE battery was a Panasonic brand, not exactly a top performer. Perhaps that explains why it pooped out after 3 years, while the battery in my Jeep Key Fob is still going strong after 6 years.

    ReplyDelete